Enterprise social tools, leadership, the power of conversation, and employee experience, were the main topics covered at Social Now 2018, a conference organised by Knowman. This edition, the 7th of this unique conference, took place in Lisbon on 16th and 17th May. It brought to the Portuguese capital city speakers and participants from 8 countries in 3 different continents.
It started with Nadim Habib, lecturer at NOVA SBE. He spoke about the challenges faced by leadership in the current digital world. The conference closed with Isabel De Clercq, a Belgium consultant, who explored the role of social technologies as catalysts for organisational and individual transformation.
Between the two, all the participants benefited from:
- practical recommendations offered by renowned consultants to help the fictitious company created for Social Now (Ana Neves, David Gurteen, Femke Goedhart, Jaap Linssen e James Dellow);
- demonstrations of effective collaborative work processes supported by enterprise social tools (DiggSpace, MangoApps, Stiki e Workplace by Facebook);
- experiences from well-known companies – Amadeus, HEINEKEN and Immochan Portugal;
- tips from Sofia Riço Calado regarding GDPR in the context of intranets;
- the wise questions from Ernesto Izquierdo of the International Committee for the Red Cross and Eugenio Lanzetta of Grupo Banca Sella;
- the expert facilitation by Samuel Driessen;
- hours of high quality debate;
- and a lot of networking and great Portuguese food.
Described by this years’ participants as an “immersive experience of sharing” or “2 days of intense learning in a relaxed environment”, Social Now continues surprising and pleasing due to “participants’ level of engagement and willingness to share” and the “format of working to solve a problem via the flow of the presentations”.
Social Now 2018 included a post-conference masterclass about how to launch a successful communication and collaboration platform. It was led by Jaap Linssen and Giselle Pereira from OrangeTrail, a Dutch company which has recently partnered with Knowman and which has consulted on the launch of award-recognised intranets at global companies.
For more information about Social Now, please visit the conference’s website.